Strong people don’t have attitudes they have standards.
This quote suggests that truly strong individuals do not exhibit negative or problematic attitudes, such as arrogance, rudeness, or entitlement. Instead, they uphold a set of high moral and ethical standards that guide their behavior and interactions with others.
In essence, the quote emphasizes that strength of character is not displayed through a haughty or disrespectful demeanor, but rather through a consistent adherence to principles and values. Having standards implies that these individuals have a clear understanding of what is right and wrong, and they hold themselves accountable to these principles. This can include traits like honesty, respect, empathy, and integrity.
By focusing on maintaining high standards rather than adopting negative attitudes, strong individuals tend to command respect and admiration from others. Their strength is rooted in their unwavering commitment to doing what is right, even when faced with challenges or temptations to act otherwise. This quote serves as a reminder that genuine strength is not just about physical prowess or assertiveness, but also about displaying moral and ethical excellence in one’s actions and choices.
here are a few related unique quotes that touch upon the themes of strength, character, and standards:
- “Character is not created in crisis; it is revealed.” – John Churton Collins
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The best index to a person’s character is how he treats people who can’t do him any good, and how he treats people who can’t fight back.” – Abigail Van Buren
- “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives – choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” – Aristotle
- “The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.” – John Wooden
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.” – Mother Teresa
- “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” – C.S. Lewis
- “It’s not about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” – Rocky Balboa (fictional character)
- “The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.” – Unknown
These quotes expand on the themes of strength, character, integrity, and the importance of standing up for what is right. They emphasize the idea that true strength is often demonstrated through one’s actions, choices, and the values they uphold.