الْبَصِيرُ – AL-BASEER – The All-Seeing | ALLAH 99 Names – 27
“Al-Baseer” (Arabic: الْبَصِيرُ) is one of the 99 names or attributes of Allah (God) in Islamic theology. These names, often referred to as the “99 Names of Allah” or “Asma-ul-Husna,” describe various aspects of Allah’s nature and attributes. “Al-Baseer” specifically refers to Allah as “The All-Seeing” or “The All-Observer.”
Here is a more detailed explanation of this attribute:
- The Essence of Al-Baseer: “Al-Baseer” conveys the concept that Allah is all-seeing and all-aware. It means that Allah has complete and perfect knowledge of everything that happens in the universe, both the visible and the hidden, the apparent and the concealed.
- Omnipresence: Allah’s vision is not limited by time or space. He sees everything in the past, present, and future simultaneously. His vision encompasses the entire universe, including every individual, every action, and every thought.
- Beneficial Implication: This attribute of Allah carries profound implications for believers. Knowing that Allah is “Al-Baseer” reassures them that nothing escapes His notice. Therefore, they believe that Allah is fully aware of their intentions, actions, and needs. This belief can inspire humility, sincerity, and a sense of accountability in one’s actions.
- Connection to Other Attributes: “Al-Baseer” is closely related to other attributes of Allah, such as “Al-‘Aleem” (The All-Knowing) and “As-Sami’” (The All-Hearing). Together, these attributes emphasize that Allah possesses complete knowledge and awareness in every aspect of existence.
- Islamic References: The attribute “Al-Baseer” is derived from the Quran and Hadith (sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him). In the Quran, there are verses that affirm Allah’s all-seeing nature. For example, in Surah Al-Mujadila (58:7), it is mentioned, “Do you not see that Allah knows whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth? There is no secret counsel of three but He is their fourth, nor of five but He is their sixth, nor of less than that nor more but He is with them wheresoever they may be.” This verse highlights Allah’s knowledge and His presence with His creation.
In summary, “Al-Baseer” is a divine attribute that emphasizes Allah’s comprehensive and all-encompassing vision. It signifies that Allah is not limited by time or space and is fully aware of everything happening in the universe. For Muslims, recognizing Allah as “The All-Seeing” instills a sense of humility, responsibility, and trust in His wisdom and justice.